Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Calendars

I have two big beefs about calendars; number one is that hardly anyone gives them away anymore. I never bought a calendar in my life until the last few years. You could get them free at the drug stores, department stores, gas stations and many were sent right to your mailbox. Now no one gives them away anymore. In fact, they charge you an arm and a leg for them.

Number two is the size of the numbers on them. I like to look at my calendar from across the room if I happen to be that far away from it. Now I have to strain to even see the numbers right in front of my nose. They have nice big spaces to write in your appointments and things you want to remember but the numbers are microscopic! Not only do they print them tiny, they also use pale colors which are hard to see. What is wrong with big, black numbers?

I also like to have calendars in most of my rooms. This year I managed to find one calendar with numbers big enough to see a few feet away. I looked as late as the middle of January and never could find another one. I think all of the people who design calendars are supermen, or women, in the eye department.

I can understand why they don't give away calendars like they used to because of the economy but I think it would cost no more to make big numbers than it would little numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home