Thursday, February 12, 2009

What's That Smell?



I vividly remember one girl that I went to school with. Her name was Virginia Williams. We were in the same grade for most of our school years. After all of these years I can still remember the smell that was about her when we were playing. I don't know if it was her soap, her talcum powder or maybe some perfume that she used but it was a delicious, extremely good smell. It must have been, because after some 75 years I still have a very good memory of it.



I have posted her picture above. This picture was from high school but my memories of her go back to grade school.



On the other hand, I also have some memories of other kids that were not as good as Virginia's were. One boy must have eaten garlic every day of his life because He always smelled like it. You didn't even have to get very close to him to smell it.



Then there was the boy who had dyspepsia, he always smelled like vomit! He ate crayons and paste all the time so I am not surprised that he had dyspepsia!



Next there was a girl who must have been a bed wetter because she smelled of urine all the time. She probably wet the bed and then didn't take a bath before she came to school.



Finally, lowest on the totem Pole, was the boy who must have had beans for dinner every night. He passed gas all the time and if you smelled gas you only had to look around and there he was!



Obviously, you can understand why I only put Virginia's picture above and gave her a name and not the rest of them. Would you want your picture and name posted as any of these four? I won't even divulge their names and in fact, I really can't remember all of their names, just their bad smells!



I hope that I never left a bad impression with my friends at school, one so bad that people remember it for 75 years! I hope I left the kind Virginia Williams left with me.



1 Comments:

At February 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a teacher who always smelled like roses. And we had a landlady once who always used Estee Lauder perfume. To this day, when I smell someone wearing Estee Lauder, I think of her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home