Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!





This roaster is 57 years old and has had a turkey roasted in it at least once every year--sometimes twice a year.

It was originally bought for sterilizing baby bottles and it was used just for that the first year. Then I started using it to roast our Christmas and Thanksgiving turkeys. It is a very large roaster, at least the largest size available.

You can't see it in the picture but the inside of the pan is really discolored and worn. It doesn't have any leaks but I think every year there may be one!

We have had so many delicious turkey dinners that I almost feel as if the pan is lucky for us. I am preparing to roast another turkey as I write this for our Thanksgiving dinner. My family will be here, at least the ones who live here in Indiana.

As long as that roaster doesn't spring a leak I will continue to roast turkeys in it!

Happy Turkey Day to all of you!

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2008 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful how everyday objects bring back such memories? I had one of Grandma's cast iron skillets that I saw her use day in and day out. Unfortunately, I dropped it on the tile floor one day and it cracked right down the middle. I easily replaced the skillet, but it's just not the same as actually using Grandma's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home