Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Chicken Pot Holder









Pot holder





My Grandma

Back when I first got married (in 1943) my Grandma, my Dad's mother, made me a little chicken pot holder. It was so cute that I put it away and saved it for a keepsake instead of using it.


That has been sixty five years ago. I still have not, to this day, used that pot holder. I am glad that I didn't because if I had used it I wouldn't have it now. I have had it put away in my cedar chest. Now I am going to put it in my china closet with the glass doors so that it can be seen.

My grandma has been gone many years but I can still remember her every time I look at that pot holder.


2 Comments:

At February 19, 2009 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She never made me a chicken pot holder!

 
At February 20, 2009 at 7:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful keepsake from your grandmother! I'm glad you saved it, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home