Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ice Cream Trucks

















I'll bet you didn't know I had an ice Cream place, did you? My sign is pictured above--just kidding!


The ice cream trucks that come around during the summer are on their dying legs(or wheels). We used to have one that came here almost every day during the summer but I have not seen one yet this season. Of course it is not hot here yet so they may come later on when the 90's and 100's get here!


I remember years ago when my kids were small we would get fudgcicles, push ups or ice cream bars every once in a while when the ice cream truck came by. It was always expensive but I am sure it would seem cheap compared to now. But the fun my kids got from that made it worthwhile.


The thing about the trucks that drove me insane was the music. They played one song and it played over and over. You could hear it from a mile away sometimes and by the time it arrived to our place you were nuts from hearing it!


It is so much cheaper to buy your ice cream at the grocery store instead of from the ice cream truck. But then you miss out on the fun of going out to the truck and deciding what to get. I have two things that stop me from doing that--my weight and my pocketbook!

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to have a sno-cone man come around. Grandma would bribe us to take a nap by telling us she'd get us a sno-cone if we did.

 
At April 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Toe-jam! She did until she saw him sitting on the curb one really hot day. He took his shoes and socks off and ran his fingers in between all of his toes...I guess for a quick foot massage. Then he put his socks and shoes back on and got up to make more sno-cones...EEEEWWWW! nh

 
At April 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ice cream truck has already started here in SS this year. I saw one last week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home