Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Garage Sales

I love garage sales! However, at this time of my life (I am a senior citizen) the reality has hit me that instead of accumulating more "stuff", I need to be getting rid of some of the things already stored on my shelves and in my closets. So I fight the temptation all the time to get in my car and go hunting down garage sales. If I go to one I am certain to buy something!

I used to make things to sell at my craft sales and was always on the lookout for supplies for my projects. Now, since no longer doing craft sales I have lost the need for supplies. I used to crochet dozens of doilies with thread from garage sales. So with no outlet for selling the doilies I have stopped crocheting.

I still occasionally go to a sale but am very selective about what I buy. Only things which can be used immediately or in a short time and which are very good bargains are hauled away in my car. However, that old urge to grab a prized item when I spot one at a sale still haunts me.

Another drawback to garage saling these days is the price of gasoline. You can go to a store and buy brand new items for less than the cost to fill your tank with gas and drive to a bunch of sales. But nothing matches the thrill of finding the perfect item you are looking for at an unbelievably low price. The garage sales will probably still entice me as long as I am able to ambulate on my own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home