Friday, November 28, 2008

Just a Plain Old Tuna Sandwich, Please!

Tuna sandwich and Hot tuna casserole












After the big turkey dinner yesterday I am ready for just a plain old tuna sandwich. I love tuna--in a salad or a sandwich. However, I cannot stand any kind of dish with hot tuna! There is something about hot tuna that turns me off! Many people love Tuna Noodle Casserole, or some other hot tuna dishes but I cannot tolerate hot tuna.


Tuna is one thing that people either love--or hate. My husband could not even stand the smell of it when I opened a can for myself. My brother-in-law can't stomach tuna in any fashion. But others love it, hot or cold.


I make my sandwiches with the tuna salad. I cut up pickle, celery, onion, boiled egg and Miracle Whip and mix it with the tuna. Then sometimes I toast the bread, sometimes not or if I have buns I use them for the sandwiches. That is good eating!


Tomorrow I may just make tuna sandwiches for a change and then eat the turkey leftovers later.

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2008 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the hot tuna! I like mine in a cold salad. Wal-Mart sells a tuna salad in their deli that I love. It tastes just like the tuna salad my elementary school lunchroom ladies made. I'm a little girl again every time I eat one of those sandwiches. I guess that's what you call comfort food!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home