Friday, April 24, 2009

Home Delivery of Milk












A Milkman





An old fashioned milk wagon


Since I wrote about delivery trucks in the past two posts I will continue with one more Delivery truck on its dying wheels!


That is the milk truck. I doubt if there is one single home delivery milk truck left in this world. I used to have milk delivered to my house every couple of days. There are several problems with home milk delivery.


Number one concerns the weather. In Indiana if the milk is left outside in the winter for more than a few minutes it can freeze. In the summer it can spoil if left out in hot weather. It is a problem with me in either case. I am a late sleeper and I don't want to be bothered with having to get up before I am ready just to bring in the milk. Sometimes you just plain old forget about getting it in.


Other problems are when you don't use as much milk and then you get a new supply before your old supply runs out. Also, if you go away and forget to stop the milk delivery--then you have a porch full of spoiled milk when you get home.


Plus, as with the Jewel Tea and ice cream, milk was always more expensive when delivered to your door.


I like just going to the store and buying my milk when I am out and need it. I never have to worry about it spoiling from heat or freezing in the winter.


Sorry, Milk truckers, I don't want milk delivered to my door. I hope you can find others to replace me for your income!

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I see a carton of eggnog, I remember our milkman. He always gave us a quart of eggnog at Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home