Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Countdown

(Note: I wrote this post yesterday. Today, Wednesday, is the day Lana Kay and Jake get here.)

I am in one of those crazy, hurrying, last minute rushes to get my house cleaned and ready for Lana Kay and Jake who are arriving here tomorrow.


Remember the post I did on how I dream about getting stuff done and I do it in my sleep? Well, this is one of those times. I have cleaned my house every night for the past three nights. I was so busy on the garage sale that I didn't think about the house cleaning until the sale was over. Now I am working overtime to catch up!


I have three rooms vacuumed and dusted. I have four more to go. I may wait until they get here and pay Jake five dollars to vacuum the last two rooms. He likes to make a buck when he can.

I am not worrying about the food. I let Lana Kay take over for that. I told her I will buy it but she has to decide what they want and fix it. They are picky so I let them do their own choosing. They eat a lot of things that they just have to get out of the fridge and eat it. Like cottage cheese, vegetables, peanut butter sandwiches and other ready to eat things. That is fine with me. I like that stuff also.

I will make chicken and noodles at least once while they are here. They really like that. I use the bow tie noodles--they have more body to them than plain noodles.


Well, my sweeper is waiting for me to get back to it. I have to take frequent rests when I am working. I am considering this a rest break!

I probably won't get a post on every day while they are here but I will do my best to keep you informed.

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2009 at 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit! And don't worry about the dirt -- it'll just get dirty again. I've kind of learned that a swish and promise works good enough for me.

 
At June 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kyra...I sure am missing your blogs...hurry up and post something! nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home