Thursday, June 11, 2009

Precious Pottery








The top picture is of an ash tray that I sculpted many years ago. The middle picture is of a candle holder that Brett made when he was just a first grader. The bottom picture is of ash trays that Carla,on the left, and Lana Kay, on the right, made when they were in the first grade.

The ash tray that I made is not so precious to me but you can believe that the other ones are. My kids and grand kid fashioned those pieces with their own little fingers. I wish I had one from each of my grandchildren. Somehow Amy and Jennifer never made anything that I could have for a keepsake. Josh and Jake never made any either, or at least I don't know if they did.

These little treasures have sat on my end tables, coffee table or somewhere in plain sight ever since I got them. I have had trouble finding just the right color of blue candle to put in the holder that Brett made. I do have one now but in time they get broken or faded and I need to get a new one.

Actually, the ash trays have never had ashes in them. They just sit where I can look at them and remember the tiny fingers that molded them. They give me a feeling of closeness with my kids and Grand kid that makes me feel good.

I will hang on to them until I die and enjoy the good feelings they give me. Then I hope Lana Kay and Carla Sue get the same good feelings I do as they take over possession of these treasures of the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home