Tuesday, June 16, 2009

SOB STORY



I had a lady come to my sale who was obviously retarded. She looked around quite a bit and then she asked how much the teddy bears shown above were. For some reason Carla Sue either did not have them marked or, the lady had torn the tag off, thinking she might get them cheaper. I don't know which but I thought for a moment and then I said she could have them for $2.00.

She started in whining and saying she didn't have any money and that her Daddy had just died. I thought, "If you don't have any money why are you out going to garage sales?"

The teddy bears were like new and very cute so I told her that I could not take any less than $2.00 for them. She kept standing there saying, "My daddy just died and I don't have any money." I asked her how much money did she have. She never answered me.

I said to her that I was very sorry her daddy died but that doesn't have anything to do with the teddy bears.

She was in a fairly nice car and someone was driving her around. But they didn't come in with her to the sale.

Finally, after standing there for a full five minutes, she left. I did feel sorry for the woman if her story was true. But I did not like the way she went about trying to get something for nothing.

So, I am left with the teddy bears because no one else bought them. They are very cute. We will put them away until our next sale and some one will grab them then,
I am sure.

It was a sob story and if it was true I do feel bad for the woman but whoever was with her should have come into the sale with her, she obviously needed someone to help her. However, I also could have been the butt of a scam. So I still have the teddy bears!

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did the right thing. Those teddy bears are worth much more than $2!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home