Thursday, June 4, 2009

Edwin Earl Ford (Ford's Dad)

Ford's Mom and Dad















Ford's Dad



Yesterday(June 3rd) was Ford's dad's birthday. He would be, If I figured right, 132 years old. That sounds ancient! Actually it is ancient for a human.

Ford never knew a lot about his dad's family because his mother and dad died when he was just a small boy and he was raised by some one else. He did have a twin sister who he kept somewhat in touch with in his later years. But as for other brothers and sisters we don't really know about them or even if he had any other siblings besides his twin sister. She died before he did . She was diabetic and she had both legs amputated
in her last years.


He was a strange little man --and I do mean little. He was only about five feet five or so and he was skinny. Ford took his size and height from his mother's family. I never felt very close to him because I didn't know him that well. He was friendly to me but I still didn't feel very close to him. Even my kids never knew him. He died just before Carla Sue was born and Lana Kay was only about 4 years old when he died.


So I hope someday to see him again in the hereafter if he was prepared to go where I will go (which only god knows).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home