Friday, June 5, 2009

Fort "Rain" , Indiana




Fort Wayne has been nicknamed Fort Rain, Indiana because we get so much rain!

I have been trying to get my garden weeded ever since I got back from Boise. It has rained almost every day since then. Even if it did skip one day raining it was not dry enough to get in the garden to weed.

Today I finally managed to get it weeded, or at least half of it. I plan to do the rest of it tomorrow and the next day. It is not supposed to rain now until maybe Sunday.

My tomatoes are doing great with all of this rain, as are the weeds!

I hope to have tomatoes by the end of June. I usually never get any until the end of July or even later. I also have three squash plants that look pretty good. My mouth is watering for squash. I like it fried, in casseroles, cut up and eaten with dip and pickled. I am the only one in the family that likes it, which is fine with me! Three plants will make all I can eat and even more. Lana Kay does like it but she is only here for a short time. Usually, I don't even get any squash before she leaves. I may this year since I got the garden planted so early.

So until I get my own tomatoes and squash I will have to be content to just look at the pictures above and think about eating them!

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures make me wish I'd planted a garden this year. Mine never turn out like those, though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home