Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good Old Home Cooking!




Home cooked food.










Pork chops and vegetables--UM UM good.


I was gone for about five whole days on my trip. We had gobs of food to eat--more than we needed. But it was not the kind of food I am used to eating. On the trip we ate once at a McDonald's on the way to Indianapolis and on the plane we got nothing. They did serve us a drink but no food.

While at the reception we had lots of food. They had pulled pork sandwiches, veggie trays, dips and cake. Then the next day we went to Rachel's Mom's and she had more of the same stuff which was leftover from the reception. On Monday Lana Kay had a barbecue with all kinds of cold meat sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs and more veggies and dip.

One of the days Jennifer made a big lasagna for all of us so that was kind of like home cooked food.

Then on the way home, again, we got no food on the plane--just drinks.


I was too tired to make a home cooked meal the first day I got home and also the next day I was still not in the mood to cook. But today I made a big bowl of mashed potatoes, a can of peas and I cooked pork chops. So that is the first regular home cooked food I have had for almost a week.


Actually, I have probably not lost a pound even after all of that! I am going to make myself a pan of cornbread tomorrow. So I am gradually getting back to my old kind of food.

I am so glad to be back home and sleep in my own bed and use my own bathroom. I loved visiting Lana Kay but I am glad to be back in my cozy little home even if it isn't anything fancy! I hope Jake waits a while to get married!

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had pork chops and english peas last night, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home