Friday, July 24, 2009

Cheese Dip















Many years ago probably about in the late thirties, I remember a cheese dip that my mother used to make. She had gotten the recipe from someone she knew and she made it for us. We didn't call it a dip we just called it that "cheese stuff." But now that I look back I know it was a dip. We never dipped chips or anything into it but we used to spread it on bread or crackers. We loved it.
I have looked many times on Google for a recipe like it but I have never found just what I thought was the same. I really don't remember the exact ingredients that she used except for Velveeta cheese and a small can of condensed evaporated milk. She put the cheese and milk in a sauce pan and melted them together. After that I don't remember what else she put in it. Seems that maybe she put chopped up pimentos in with it.

Whatever, it was delicious and we ate it like pigs (remember I said there are a lot of pigs out there!). At that time we had never heard of dipping potato chips or any kind of chips into any kind of dip. But that was really the beginning of chip dip! We just didn't know what to call it then.

I would really like to find the exact recipe for that dip. If any of you know a dip like that please tell me.

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think I'll go fix some Rotel dip!

 
At July 24, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Greenactress said...

I'm not sure why I'm interested in yours, it's different, and kinda interesting, and I'm new to this site and am trying to just get to know people. And trying to spread the word about my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home