Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pigs!






















If there is anything I hate worse than seeing good food wasted I can't think of what it would be!



I hate seeing people pile up their plate with huge helpings of food and then eat about half of it. That means a lot of good food goes to the garbage can when there are people starving all over the world. Not only that but think of the money spent for that food. I like my money better than that!



When I have something that I can't finish or don't really want I cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge and eat it later. I know you can't do that at a restaurant but why not take smaller portions and then go back if you want more? It drives me nuts to think of how much good food is pitched into the garbage can. If everyone would just be a little more saving on their food they would be surprised at how much money they could save.

I realize I am probably blowing my breath into the wind because most people do not think as I do. They don't give a second thought to throwing away what they don't want. The answer to the whole thing is just don't take as much on your plate and go back for seconds if you want more.

It seems to me that they are afraid that there won't be any left for a second helping so they want to be sure they get all they want with their first helping! I am perfectly content with anyone taking a large helping, as large as they want, if they eat it all. Just don't leave half of it to throw away!


I know I am not getting through to most people but I still like to get on my soapbox and tell it like it is! A lot of people are pigs! Sorry, but that is the way it is!

3 Comments:

At July 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My problem is loading up my plate on the first go-around, then going back for seconds, too!

 
At July 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous kyra lafain said...

You do have a problem. But if you eat it all then hooray for you! I don't mind that!

 
At July 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous kyra lafain said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home