Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Fickle Appetite



















My perfect breakfast





Another good breakfast.







I have a strange appetite! One morning I wake up and everything sounds good to me and I can't decide what sounds better. Other mornings I wake up and I don't even know what I want to eat. I lie in bed for quite some time thinking about what I want to eat. I get an idea of something and then I think, I don't really want that. I usually end up eating something that I really don't even want just to fill up my stomach.


Why, if something sounds good one day, doesn't it sound good another day? If I have anything around like cake or pie or cookies that is what I eat. If I don't have any of that I end up eating cereal, toast, or maybe fruit if I have some.


I don't have a problem with my supper because I make something and that is what I eat. Breakfast is different. The choice is so broad for breakfast. Not that I always have a broad choice of items here but I usually can find something to eat. If nothing else I open a can of biscuits and cook them and make gravy to go with them or maybe open a can of tomato juice and have that with them (some people might say, "Ugh."). That is one of my favorites!


When it is just one person to make something for it is easier because if I am unhappy with what I have I can only blame myself and I don't have to apologise to someone else.

I am sure that if I had someone to make it for me I would always be happy with bacon and eggs! That is what my Mother had every morning of her life. She had to have her bacon and eggs and biscuits or toast. But the drawback there is having to cook it. I don't always want to fry bacon the first thing when I get up in the morning!


So I grab whatever is handy and easy to fix. But I am not always happy with it! There again, I can only blame myself if I am not thrilled with my breakfast!

Tomorrow morning I have nothing in the fridge ready to eat. So I know I will rack my brain trying to think of something good! In spite of all said, I have not lost a pound of weight so I am somehow getting all of the calories I need--and more!

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2009 at 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick that bacon in the microwave! I haven't fried bacon in years. I have a problem with that calorie thing -- my doctor says I need to nip it in the bud!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home