Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lana Turner



Lana Turner as a baby.



Lana Turner grown up












I always thought that Lana Turner was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen (along with Pattie Bess Lummus)!


I also loved her name. So when I got pregnant I said right away that if I had a girl I would name her Lana something. I decided on the Kay part later but it definitely was going to be Lana.


In her later years someone started calling her (my Lana) Lana with short A accent (sounding like Lonna). She liked that and so she mainly goes by that name now. Most people call her Lonna. Whatever she goes by now her name is Lana like in banana. She can't change that! I still use her whole name when I talk to or about her--Lana Kay. Carla, Brett and Amy call her just "Kay" all of the time. I guess plain Lana was not good enough for her, she wanted to be fancier!
Lana Turner has not been the perfect role model but I still think she, and her name, are beautiful.


1 Comments:

At July 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Greenactress said...

hi this is greenactress, check out my blogspot! thx! oh, and tell your friends, thx so much! Your blog is pretty cool. Have you noticed most other people on this blog have their entire spot in a different language. It's hard to find other people who speak English!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home