Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hooray, I'm Back!

One of our blow up mattresses

It seems as if I have been gone for ages--well, not really gone but out of circulation.

Lana Kay is still here but the rest all left a few days ago. Lana Kay is leaving Friday--at 7:15 AM. (UGH). I have to take her to the airport to be there by 6:00 AM. After that I will be all alone again. I will be terribly lonely for a few days until I adjust to the different atmosphere.


This has been one busy place for almost three weeks. The kitchen table has been the busiest. If we weren't eating we were playing cards, reading papers or just sitting there talking.


I love having the kids all here and I would like it permanently except for one thing--my money situation. It is OK for about three weeks or so but after that I need HELP! We did not eat like kings but we did have what we wanted for the most part.

The last few days since Carter, Jake, Josh and Rachel left on Friday it has been very quiet around here. Brett and Carla Sue have been here every day since then but it is not the Grand Central Station that it was last week.

We had blow up mattresses in almost every room in the house. The shower was running most of the time and we went through hundreds of rolls of toilet tissue. But it was fun!


I have been thinking a lot about my blog and about ideas for new posts. I have a few new ideas. But I have written about 450 posts and have used up most of the experiences of my lifetime, at least the ones I consider good enough to write about.

I will try to get something on most days from now on. If they are not very good then I guess you will just have to find someone else's blog to read.

I am glad to be back at writing and hope I can continue it for a long time.

2 Comments:

At July 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We missed you!

 
At July 3, 2009 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Glad you're back and enjoyed the visit with the kids. nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home