Monday, July 13, 2009

No Chocoholic!

My Grandma Gregory

Can you believe that there has ever been anyone in this world who didn't like chocolate? Well, there certainly was--my grandma Gregory. We called her Ma and my Grandpa was Pa.
She would not take even the tiniest bite of anything chocolate. She really didn't like much of any kind of candy but she would nibble on peppermint sticks and a little bit of taffy. We used to make taffy, the kind you pulled and stretched until it was the brightest golden yellow.
At the time I did not think of that (her dislike of chocolate) as strange but now that I look back I think it was very strange. Because I was so used to knowing that she didn't like it I just never thought of it as anything out of the ordinary. Everyone likes chocolate, in candy, in pies, in cakes, or most any kind of dessert--except Ma.
I never see candy canes that I don't think of my grandma and remember that she did like them. Ford also liked candy canes, but he liked chocolate too, very much.
I would hate to think that I could never have chocolate again but it wouldn't bother me too much if I never had candy canes again!
chocolate

1 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 at 7:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Nancy asked me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday, it was chocolate with chocolate icing. I love a chocolate brownie with ice cream and chocolate syrup. As far as I'm concerned, the more chocolate the better! But none of that wimpy white chocolate -- YUCK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home