Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's the End!






















Of summer, that is. I hate this time of the year when everything is dying and you know summer is over. At least here in Indiana it is. We may have a few days of warm weather come along but the hot summer weather is finished.

The trees have not lost their leaves yet but they are starting to fall. My tomato plants are dead already. I want to pull them out before I leave here for my trip to Texas. I don't know why they died so early because we have not had a killing frost but they are dead for sure.


We do have the anticipation of the beautiful fall colors but that is only a precursor of the death of the growing season for the tree. It is almost like when a person dies; they are dressed beautifully and look so pretty in their coffin but it is just at the end when they are really dead. So it is with the trees; they look so beautiful with their multicolored leaves but they are really dead also.
I remember that my Dad always loved fall. He loved raking the leaves and burning them. He loved doing all of the fall chores; putting away the garden hose, the yard furniture and Etc. I hate it.
However, I am already looking forward to next spring--my favorite time of the year--when I can begin starting my garden and having a whole new summer come along. The death of fall is sad but the birth of spring is a new beginning!






3 Comments:

At September 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love the pumpkins, the fall colors, the first cool spell, looking forward to Thanksgiving, having a fire, and my sister loves burning the leaves! (She takes after her grandpa).

 
At September 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do love Fall! It is my favorite. I'm hoping we will have a really pretty one here. If the summer has been particularly dry, seems we go from green to brown...no beautiful colors to enjoy. There is something soothing about burning leaves! nh

 
At September 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do love Fall! It is my favorite. I'm hoping we will have a really pretty one here. If the summer has been particularly dry, seems we go from green to brown...no beautiful colors to enjoy. There is something soothing about burning leaves! nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home