Thursday, October 15, 2009

Miss America 1975

Miss America 1975 , Shirley Cothran (center)









I have a far reaching connection to Miss America 1975. Shirley Cothran.
In 1936 I lived near Shirley Cothran's grandmother in Paris, Texas. And I was friends with her mother or her aunt , Melba --never knew which. Her Grandmother lived just almost next door to our family. When my youngest sister, Sara, was born at home, Shirley's grandmother came over to assist the doctor with her birth--sort of a midwife I guess you would call her. My mother was very appreciative of that. Not just anyone could do that kind of thing.
At that time I never realized that someday her granddaughter, Shirley, would be a famous person! I was friends then with Shirley's mother, or her aunt whose name was Melba. I really never knew if Melba was her mother or her aunt.
Anyway, That is really far reaching for a connection. But there you have it. I am connected to Shirley Cothran, Miss America 1975! I don't feel any different!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home