Tuesday, October 13, 2009

God, Country & Rock n Roll




Recently, when I was in Texas, my sister took me to a concert. I have never been to a concert that I enjoyed as much as I did this one.




We certainly got our money's worth; the concert was three hours long. I was as enthused with the last song as I was with the first.


Most of the men in the band were former players of some big band in the past. They played so many old songs that I can't even remember all of them; Hello, Mary Lou, the old Ricky Nelson song, Blueberry Hill, a Fats Domino song, many hymns which were jazzed up until they were almost unrecognizable and I can't even begin to list all of them. As I said, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the concert.


At then end of the concert the members of the band marched down through the audience playing their last song. I got some great pictures of them. Too bad I can't show all of them. Anyway, I have them in my album and I can look back and reminisce in the time to come!


My sister, Mary Ruth, will never know how much that concert meant to me even though I tried to tell her. It was truly one of the highlights of my life! Thanks, Mary Ruth!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home