Friday, October 9, 2009

A Rundown Home

My mother's house when she lived in it.






Recently, on my trip to Texas, my niece took my sister and me on a quick ride around our home town to see some of the old places where we used to live back in our childhood.









As we passed by the last place where my mother lived before she went to the nursing home we were shocked to see how rundown the place has become. The roof of the carport has fallen down in the middle and is just absolutely unusable now. I can't understand why people let their property get in such bad shape. I guess maybe I do understand. The economic crunch has caused people to choose between fixing up their property or eating!









My mother would turn over in her grave if she saw that house now. She always wanted her place to be spic and span. She kept her yard neat and did all she could to keep her home and yard looking good. I am glad that she is not here to see her place so unkept!









My mother's place was a very modest dwelling and not fancy at all but it was always very neat and respectable. The people who live there now may not have money to fix up the place in the best way but they could keep the yard neat and I am sure the man could repair the roof of the carport with a hammer and a few nails.









I was greatly saddened by the looks of my mother's beloved home. However her present home is one of the most beautiful possible--Heaven!

1 Comments:

At October 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lack of money doesn't keep anyone from keeping their homes respectable. Most of the people blaming the economy for the way their property looks had eyesore homes before times got rough.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home