Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A survivor























This plant is one that I got when Ford died (December 2000). My nephew and niece, Steve and Carole, sent it for the funeral. It was beautiful then. However, I may have neglected it some because it gradually lost its beauty and became sick looking.


A few months ago I became concerned about the plant because it was actually starting to die. I had a bottle of fern fertilizer from some years ago and I mixed some of it up and applied it to my plant. In a few weeks it started to perk up and began to get new fronds. I have kept up the fertilizing and now, as you can see, it looks much better.


I had several other plants from Ford's funeral and over time they have died off and I gave a couple of them to Brett, my grandson.


I would like to keep at least this one plant in memory of Ford as long as possible. I keep it in my bay window on the east side of my house. That seems to be the best place for it.


I think of my beloved husband, Ford, every time I look at the plant. Thank you, Carole and Steve, for a beautiful reminder of Ford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home