Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Early Sewing Accomplishment













Craig as a baby

Craig as a young man

These pictures are of my cousin, Craig O'Dea. He is my aunt Ruby Mae, my Dad's sister's boy.

When I knew that my aunt Ruby Mae was going to have a baby I immediately started planning a baby quilt. I saved all the colors and kinds of material suitable for a baby and found a pattern that I wanted to use for it. I did the whole thing by hand.

I worked on it for several months. Finally, when she had the baby, Craig, I carefully wrapped the quilt and went over to her house to deliver it.

I was so proud of that quilt. Now that I look back I am sure it was not perfectly stitched or put together exactly right but to me it was a prize!

Of course Ruby Mae acted very thrilled to get it and she immediately made this picture of the quilt with Craig on it.

Today, I never see Craig but I do think of him quite often. The last I saw him was at my Mother's 100th birthday party which has been about ten years ago.
Note: I had the earlier picture turned the wrong way. This is the correct pose.

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2009 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks to me like it was a very nice quilt! I would have been thrilled to receive it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home