Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Bed out of Chairs for the sickee!













Is he sick?




She doesn't look sick!



When I , or my sisters, were sick as kids we always had a bed made for us in the same room where the rest of the family stayed.

My mother would take two kitchen chairs and place them together close by the stove in our living room. She would then fold up a large comforter and use it for a padding on the chairs. We would bring in our own pillow from our bedroom and we were then right in the thick of all of the activity of all the family. I can remember how thrilling it was to be able to see all that was going on and be right there! The little girl in the picture above looks happy also. I don't know if the dog in the picture is sick but he looks happy on his chair bed!

This also made it possible for our mother to keep close check on us when we were sick. She could check our condition and get us whatever we needed without leaving the room. Sometimes we were too sick to care about anything but if we were not too sick it was fun to be in the middle of everything.


Back in those days we didn't have a couch nor a recliner but the chairs served the purpose well. Fortunately, I am never sick hardly at all, but if I were I would certainly be on my couch overseeing everything that went on!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home