Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Am I lazy?


Can you see the row of mail boxes in the picture above? They are just in front of the garage of the house that is there. There are three boxes on the rack. Mine is the first one and the other two are for the house in the picture and the one right next door to me.
I am kind of mixed on how I feel about my mail box being across the street. I hate having to walk across the street every day to get my mail and paper--the paper boxes are just under the mail boxes. But on the other hand I like not having to mow and trim the grass around the rack.
Of course, I had no choice about the matter. They put the mail boxes where they wanted them. I just happened to be on the side of the street where they did not put them.
I lived for 25 years on a street, Reed Street, where the mail boxes were on your house. All I had to do was open my front door and reach to the left about six inches and there was my mail. I liked that, especially when we had heavy snow and ice buildup. Now I have to walk across the street on ice, snow, slush or whatever, and walk back across to my house. When I was young ice and snow were the least of my concerns but now that I am older, much older, it makes a big difference!
I have no plans to ever move from this house--unless to a nursing home-- so I will just have to contend with the snow and ice. Fortunately it is for just a few months during the winter when we have those conditions.
I would just like for the mailman to walk the route and come to each house and deliver the mail--fat chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home