Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Expensive Mouth!



















The picture on the right above is exactly the same tooth I had to have a crown on. However, I didn't have any pain with my tooth and actually, I never knew when the piece of the tooth broke off. I did notice a rough spot on it and wondered why it felt that way. I guess I swallowed the piece that broke off.



Since I was unaware of the problem I didn't even go to the dentist for it. I just went in for my regular cleaning and the hygienist informed me that it was broken and really needed to be repaired. She said it would be vulunerable for a new cavity if not repaired now.



She also informed me that it would cost $900! Isn't that horrible? I just can't see how they can justify charging that much for something that took, in total about an hour to do.



I was tempted to pass on it but I really can't stand the thought of not having my own teeth. I have too much invested in them to let them go now. Just about a month ago I spent over $200 for cleaning and x-rays.

Anyway, it is now repaired and it feels exactly normal so maybe it was worth it!



It is terrrible to spend $900 for something that no one ever sees and does nothing to enhance my looks--since it is an upper back tooth. However, I suppose I will be able to eat better and that counts for a lot!



I hope the teeth I now have will last as long as I do. It is bad enough to spend what it costs just to keep them cleaned and checked on. I have really helped my dentist a lot financially. I hope he appreciates it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home