Friday, January 15, 2010

Another Jewelery Story



While I am on jewelery I will relate this story to0. It is more unbelievable than the other one.
Ford bought me these diamond earrings one summer when I had been to Texas and had been gone for about a month. When I got home we went on a camping trip and he gave me the earrings when we got there. I was shocked that he did that because he was not very much into jewelery and gifts. Anyway, he did get them for me.
Later after we got home from the camping trip we went to visit one of his friends who was in the hospital. We went one night and it was dark when we left the hospital to come home. When we got home I was taking my earrings off and one was not here. Immediately, I walked around the house looking on the floor because I thought maybe I had dropped it when I put them on. I did find the little back of it on the carpet, which is why it came off--it had not been fastened securely.
So I said to Ford let's go over to the hospital and look where we parked and see if it might be there. We had to wait until the next morning so it would be light.
The next morning we drove over to the hospital and to the place where we had parked. We had just got right there to the spot and I could see something shiny on the street. I got out and looked. There was my earring lying right there as pretty as you please! I jumped out and picked it up. The diamond was perfect but the stem had been bent over meaning that a car had driven over it but it did nothing to the diamond.
So I took it to the jeweler and he straightened the stem on it. I also had him to put stems on that had to have the backs screwed on instead of just pushed on. That way the back could not fall off without being unscrewed.
I felt like it was a miracle that the earring had not been picked up by someone or had not been damaged badly from being run over.
So now I have all of these pieces of jewelery that I love and were given to me by someone I loved so much but I do not have him anymore! I guess I will have to be content with the jewelery for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home