Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Opals

Top left, earring, bottom, ring
Pictured above are some of my favorite pieces of jewelry. Ford bought me the ring, necklace, and earrings all to match for either a birthday or Christmas--I can't remember which now. I have had them for many years.
Unfortunately, I lost the necklace a long time ago. I don't even know for sure when I lost it. I was going to get it out to wear one day and it wasn't there. So I never knew when I lost it. I was sick about it because I loved it for two reasons, number one, Ford gave it to me and number two, it was so pretty.
Then I was unlucky enough to lose one of the earrings. I was at the hospital getting my yearly colonoscopy and after that was over I came home and was taking my earrings off and one of them was missing. I went back to the hospital and asked if anyone had turned an earring in and they looked and said, "No, no one had turned one in." They said they would call me if someone did. I figure I lost it somewhere in the bedding during the colonoscopy and maybe it never was found at all. I loved those earrings and I wore them all the time. I was stupid to wear them during the procedure but I never dreamed one would come off.
So now I have my ring and one earring. I could use the one earring as a little collar stud pin or on a blouse but I never do. I do wear the ring all of the time. I get lots of compliments on it.
I hope at least I never lose the ring. It is very sentimental for me. I think of Ford when I wear it.

1 Comments:

At January 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost my necklace a couple of years ago. I ran an ad in the newspaper, and a lady called me and said she had found it on the Wal-Mart parking lot. I was thrilled to get it back, so I know how you feel having lost yours.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home