Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Brush with Fame!


I wrote a post back at the beginning of my blog that was titled "My Brush With Fame." I think it was about the second or third post I did.

I now need to change that title to "My brush with the infamous" after seeing this article in today's newspaper.

In the earlier post I said that I had rented an apartment at Rip Torn's grandmother's house in Taylor, Texas during WWII while Ford was stationed at an Army Camp near there. I never saw Rip Torn at all while I lived there for about 8 months. But I heard a lot about him from his grandmother.

His grandmother and grandfather were very nice people. They belonged to a Lutheran church and attended it regularly. We even went with them a few times. His Grandparents are probably turning over in their graves at this time over the way their grandson is living!

I guess when a person reaches the level of fame that Rip Torn has reached it changes them.

So, Grandma and Grandpa Torn, I hope your grandson changes his ways before it is too late. He is 78 years old now so he probably hasn't got that much time left to change!

I hope the article print is big enough to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home