Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Incense and Air Freshners




The cones of incense in the top picture are the kind I used many years ago before all of the new kinds of air fresheners came on the scene. Sometimes they were in sticks like the other picture.
I do not recall any kinds of air fresheners being on the market back in those days. There may have been some but not in my memory. The only thing I remember being for sale to freshen the air and reduce odors was incense.
I can remember on my house cleaning day--I really did have a certain day that I cleaned the house, usually Friday--I would get everything vacuumed, dusted, and put in place then light an incense cone to burn. I can smell that odor in my mind as well today as I could then. Actually, I don't have a sense of smell now but I can still smell that odor in my mind just the same. I do not have any certain day for house cleaning now--I just clean when it becomes necessary.
I had a favorite kind of incense that I always bought. It was sandalwood. It was such a delightful smell. Sometimes I would buy the cones like in the picture above and sometimes I would buy the sticks. I still have the ash tray in which I burned them.
I don't remember what the cost of incense was then but I am sure it was cheap or I would never have spent the money for it. Air fresheners today can cost a fortune. There are so many different kinds, odors, and brands I would be confused choosing one. I am not sure that sandalwood is even available anymore.
I now have a fresh air machine that I love having even though I can not smell it. There is a can that you insert into the machine which dispenses a squirt of the contents every 15 minutes. It can be turned off or on at your choosing. I can choose a lot of different scents. However, the cans cost almost $5.00 and that was several years ago so maybe it even is more expensive now. I bought the machine in Texas and I stocked up on the cans of fresheners since I don't know if I could buy the same kind here in Indiana. A can does last a long time.
So, I am sorry Glade , and all other brands, I choose to use my machine instead of your products. Some day they may come out with a warning that air fresheners cause cancer! Then I guess we will just have to STINK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home