Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Love Daylight Savings Time!




I sat on my couch by the window last night and saw the sun still shining at 9:00 PM. Then I sat there and watched it get dark at about 10:00 PM.

This is my favorite time of the year. I love having it light until 10:00 PM.

On June 21st, the longest day of the year, summer began. So that day we started losing on the daylight hours and each day will be a little shorter until winter begins on the 21st of december, the shortest day of the year. I would love for it to be summer all the time.


Daylight saving time is bad for people who have to go to bed before dark because they have to get up for work each morning. I remember our family going to bed before dark in the summertime when I was a kid and I hated it! But if you have to get up at five or six you need to be in bed by at least nine o'clock to get your eight hours of sleep.


Now at my age, I can go to bed any time I please, dark or not. However, I never am in bed before midnight and usually not until 1:00 AM. I am always happy to set my clocks ahead in the spring and I hate setting them back in the fall. That means I have an hour less of daylight to enjoy. Why can't they just leave daylight savings time on for the whole year? I don't really know who to ask!












1 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara and I just got back from Anchorage, AK and we LOVED it!! It doesn't get dark until 11:00 or 12:00 and daylight starts around 3:00 or 4:00 AM. Even during the darkness it is like a full moon night...you can easily see to get around. The temps there were also incredibly comfortable..what a beautiful place! I think I could easily live there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home