Tuesday, October 26, 2010

CORN

















When I was a kid we used to have corn a lot. Sometimes we would eat it off the cob and sometimes we would have it off the cob and cooked in a sauce pan.


My favorite way to have it was in the saucepan. It was the same as corn you get from a can --but much, much better! My mother would slice the tips of the kernels into a saucepan and then take a sharp knife and scrape the rest of the corn off the cob into the pan. Then she seasoned it with bacon grease, or butter, and cook until it was done--only she knew that!


I have bought many different kinds and brands of corn in the can but I have never, ever found any that tastes as good as what she used to cook!
I have also tried to make it myself but not with any success. Maybe corn was just better back in those days. Whatever, my mouth waters for a big helping of that delicious old time corn!

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2010 at 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Think we'll have some corn for supper. We cook it in the shucks in the microwave. It comes out really good that way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home