Thursday, October 28, 2010

Look What Jack Frost Did!


My Garden now>>
My garden last spring(below)


I feel like my best friend has just died. Just today I went out and picked the final few tomatoes that are still usable from my garden. Most of them got frost bitten in the past few days. My garden is literally dead!
I have had tomatoes now for the past two months and I am not tired of them yet. I love tomatoes fresh or cooked. I have them sliced, in salads, on sandwiches, just to eat like an apple or even cooked.
However, the few I have left will only last me for a few more days. I will savor every last bit of flavor that is in them.
The sad thing is, I have decided that this is the last year I will plant a garden. It is getting to be too much for an 83 year old woman. My kids and grand kids would do it for me but they have their own lives and work to do. I have a hard time keeping the weeds down and I have decided it is time to call it quits. The old song, The Gambler, says, "Know when to hold 'em and know when to Fold 'em. I know I need to fold 'em!
I hope the grass grows as well in my garden as well as the weeds do!

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice the tree next door has lost its beautiful leaves since we were there just 2 weeks ago. Compare it to the pictures I took.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home