Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cold Hands--Warm Heart














My whole life I have had to deal with cold hands--in cold weather. I don't think I have a cold heart.


Ford, my husband, had a very warm heart and he also had warm hands. His hands were always warm even in the coldest weather. He would sometimes hold my hands in his to warm them up for me.


The saying is not always true. It is said that the saying was made up to say to people who were embarrassed about their cold hands. It is embarrassing to shake some one's hand when your hands are like ice. As I write this my hands are cold. It is cold outside but I am inside my heated house so my hands shouldn't be cold. I put my hands under my arms a lot to help keep them warm.


I have several pairs of warm gloves which I make much use of during the winter. Even with gloves my hands are not always warm. But I hope my heart is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home