Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gasoline Cook Stoves







When we used to go camping we had a gasoline cook stove like the one in the top picture above. I was always a little leery of it because of the gasoline. We never had a problem but I was still not really comfortable using it. We always used it outside and that made me feel a little better.
However, my cousin, Lois Fox, or Sister as she was always referred to by her family, had a gasoline cook stove in her home. It was sort of like the one in the picture above. It had to be pumped up before you lit it and of course it was filled with gasoline. I was really nervous about that monstrosity!
Sister seemed very comfortable with it and never seemed afraid of it at all. I often was at her home and ate there and I steered clear of that stove as much as I could.
I know natural gas stoves can explode sometimes but at least they are never pumped up with air before you use them. That is the part that worried me, that pressure of the pumped air!
After all, nothing ever happened with her stove and she had it several years. So maybe my worries were all for naught! Just the same, I am never going to have a gasoline stove in my kitchen!

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always called them kerosene stoves. Are there both gasoline and keresone stoves ?

 
At March 12, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Blogger kyra lafain said...

Yes, there are both kinds. Sister's was a gasoline stove. Kerosene stoves are different.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home