Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How Observant are You?

I recently found out that I am not very observant at all. I have lived in my house for thirty one years and just discovered a few months ago that one of my kitchen cabinet doors was installed upside down. There is a curved section at the top of each door but no curve on the bottom, so it is a very noticeable mistake if you just look at it. Had I noticed that when we bought the house I would have demanded they install it right side up. However, they would have had to deal with extra holes after it was installed right. Now, since it has been so long ago, I think I am stuck with an upside down door.


I have cleaned the door, polished the door, opened and closed it unnumbered times in thirty one years so you would think that just once in that time I would have noticed the mistake--but I never did until just recently when for some reason, I happened to look right at it and I gasped. You also would think just maybe, someone else would have noticed it staring them in the face over the years but they never did.


Do you know what? It is staying just as it is. I figure if in thirty one years no one noticed it why would they now?

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! I'm sure we'd all be surprised how much we miss every day.

 
At March 26, 2008 at 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might as well go ahead and have it fixed now because if you are like me, now that you know it's there, it is all you will see every time you go into the kitchen! Isn't it amazing it took 31 years to see it? I've had the same type thing happen to me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home