Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Pepsi Company slipped up on this banana peel!

This is a true story. Many years ago my husband (now deceased) bought a Pepsi Cola for his lunchtime drink. He was a die hard Pepsi addict for many years despite the following incident.

When my husband looked at the bottle (before cans) he saw that something was inside it besides the Pepsi. Upon opening and examining the contents he found a whole banana peel! Someone had forced a banana peel into the bottle opening. The bottle had gone through the cleaning, sanitizing and inspection process without this being discovered. It took some effort to dislodge the peel from the bottle. I am sure that now, with new improvements in the cleaning process over the years, this could not happen (at least I hope it couldn't).

He did not let this interfere with his love of Pepsi. He was asking for Pepsi on his deathbed! This says a lot for Pepsi~

2 Comments:

At March 21, 2008 at 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once got a coke or dr. pepper with a cigar in it....I knew it had a funny flavor, but didn't realize why until I was almost finished with it! 30 years ago, a co-worker of mine found a wad of rubber bands in her coke. We called the local bottling plant and they came out and offered her a case of drinks for her rubber-banded drink...I don't think she took their offer though!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once ordered a chopped steak at a Bonanza steak house. I kept getting a slight taste of doublemint, but I couldn't quite figure out where it was coming from. The next cut I made into the steak, I knew -- I cut into a wad of gum. That happened many years ago, and I still get nauseated thinking about it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home