Sunday, June 1, 2008

Find Six Differences Between these Panels!

I am sure you have seen the cartoon panels in the comics that ask you to find six differences between two pictures which at first glance seem the same, but if you look closely you will find six differences somewhere in the picture. I have always taken the time to find the differences and enjoyed doing it.





However, I was shocked to learn that my Dad enjoyed doing the same thing. My Dad has always enjoyed doing crossword puzzles but the cartoon thing seemed a little out of his league. He said he always did the six differences thing each week in the Sunday newspaper.





Now each Sunday when I read the comics in the newspaper I have a little bit of a nostalgic moment when I see the six differences panel. I think of my Dad, now long gone. I have somehow adopted that comic as a link between my Dad and me. There probably won't be comics in Heaven but if there were I am sure my Dad would be looking for those six differences in a newspaper right along with me!

4 Comments:

At June 1, 2008 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I think of Grandpa, I always think of him with his pipe, his pencil, and his crossword puzzle. I work the crossword puzzle everyday, and that is my link with him!

 
At June 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My link to Grandpa? A slurpee! It's so odd that you wrote about Grandpa today. Just yesterday Sara and I stopped to get a slurpee (the first one we've had in years)and I told her the story about Grandpa picking me up from school each day. I would get in the car exclaiming how hot it was and after a minute or two, express my extreme thirst. Without a word, we would make our way to Sikes grocery where Grandpa would pull 11 cents from his pocket and hand it to me with that sweet grin of his. It was a ritual with us and one of my fondest childhood memories. nh

 
At June 1, 2008 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know sometimes I am almost envious because I think some of the grandkids knew my daddy better than I did. Of course a relationship with a grandchild is somewhat different than one with your own children. I think the grandkids are spoiled more! Also, when I was growing up my daddy had to work hard all the time and he didn't have the extra time he had after he retired. I did love him dearly!

 
At June 1, 2008 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed that all of you are commenting on my blogs! I love it.
I hope I can keep coming up with new ideas. There is a ton of them connected with Mama and Daddy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home