Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Who let the dogs out?

While I am into the animal category I will tell one more tale. This tale concerns my daughter's cat.

I was cat sitting for her one night and it was late and I was getting ready for bed. My husband was already in bed and sound asleep. I went to the back door to let the dogs out before bedtime. I opened the door for the dogs and suddenly, the cat, Tiger, zipped right past me and out the door.

It was winter and there was snow on the ground. I was barefoot and in my nightgown. I realized that I could not take time to get shoes or a robe on because the cat was already out to the back fence. I hurriedly ran out the door to grab the cat. Unfortunately, I had prelocked the door and when I let it shut after me it was locked for sure!

There I was locked outside with a squirming cat in my arms , barefoot in the snow, and in my nightgown. I finally got my mind together enough to go to the bedroom window where my husband was sleeping and pounded on the window. He jumped out of bed having no knowledge of what was going on and came to the window. I said, "Unlock the door for me!" He rushed to the back door and unlocked it. Still mystified as to what the problem was he said," What is going on?"

After I explained my problem he then had a good laugh at me with my cold bare feet. After that I made sure that the cat was not near the door when I let the dogs out.

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2008 at 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate those doors that lock behind you? We recently spent a few nights at a hotel. While G was at a meeting, I had room service bring me up supper. When I finished my supper, I decided to set the tray outside the door. I was barefoot, but luckily still dressed. Holding the door with one foot, I bent down to set the tray on the floor. My foot slipped and the door slammed shut. It was a pretty nice hotel, and I really didn't want to have to traipse across the lobby in my bare feet! I happened to think that I had seen a house phone on our floor down by the elevators, so I went down there and called for help. I figured I would have to wait for a long while, but the security man came right up and let me in. I was quite embarrassed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home