Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jehovah Witnesses

I was awakened this morning by my door bell. I am a late sleeper and so I was in bed. I ignored the bell. I did peek out my window and I saw two people, black people, walking back to their car. I knew as soon as I saw them that they were Jehovah Witnesses. They always come here on Saturday mornings and there are always two people together.


They usually leave a pamphlet on the door but today they didn't. They are never persistent because they only rang the door bell once,and they never try to force their way in. They do ask if they can come in and talk with me for a minute but I always say no, I am busy or give some other excuse.

I am never rude to them but I also do not encourage them to talk. I have my church and I am never going to change that. I tell them that and usually they accept that and leave.

I know they are doing what they think is right, trying to win souls for God, but I do think that they are not making much headway with their method of operation.

I am sure that not many people let them in to talk. In these days you can't be absolutely certain that they really are Jehovah Witnesses. I think they would be just as well off to mail out the pamphlets instead of going door to door. I give them credit for doing the thing they think they are supposed to do but I think they are doing it the wrong way. But then, they didn't ask me!

2 Comments:

At June 28, 2008 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard that if you ask them to say the Pledge of Allegiance with you, they will shake the dust off their feet as they leave.

 
At June 28, 2008 at 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard that! What would this indicate?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home