Friday, August 29, 2008

Organization

This is how neat my Sister's closet looks!



My Sister is so organized that it makes me feel as if I am a total slob!



She has her house, her pictures, her closets, her kitchen cabinets, her drawers, and everything in her house so totally in shape that she can, within five minutes, drag out any picture, newspaper article, obituary or information about our family's birthdays or anything else you might want to know about! I am amazed at how much in order her whole life is!



She has an photo album for pets, one for friends, one for each member of her family, one for pictures of houses and most other things that you have pictures of (I ended this in a preposition I know).




I have been married for 65 years and I still have pictures that are not only not in an album but are not marked as to a date or even the names of the people in the picture!




For years I have planned to organize my pictures, obituaries and newspaper clippings but so far I have not even reached stage one. My house organization is another story!



At this late date I probably won't ever get it accomplished. But I do envy my sister's ability to find whatever she wants in such a short time. I often ask her some question about someone in our family--a birthday, anniversary, or even about past surgeries. Because she definitely will know it!


So if you are young start marking the dates and names on the pictures, newspaper clippings, obituaries and anything else you save. Time has a way of obliterating things from your memory as you grow older.

1 Comments:

At August 29, 2008 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you made my day! I am so glad that I am so organized! I just wish you hadn't waited so long to tell me. I wasn't aware of that! I just looked at my closet and some how, to me it doesn't look like the picture you have! After several days of painting, I don't feel like anything is organized around here. I do take a special interest in pictures, dates of important events, obits,etc. I am like my niece about those things. Also you have a lot of talents that I would kill to have! We just do things to a different beat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home