Monday, August 25, 2008

Ironing Sheets and Pillowcases



My mother, and probably many other mothers used to iron sheets and pillowcases. I can understand ironing pillowcases but ironing any more than just the very top edge of sheets was really unnecessary. I don't think my Mother ironed the whole sheet but just across the top edges to make them look nice while folded and lying on the shelves and when the bed was turned back to sleep on. But I suppose many perfectionists did iron the whole sheet!


This was well before they came out with polyester and permanent press sheets. Now our sheets and pillowcases look as if they are ironed when we take them out of the dryer. I just fold mine and put them away.


I love the flannel sheets on my bed in the winter time. They feel so smooth and soft and they keep you toasty warm. They also look fine folded straight from the dryer.


Many hours were spent on the ironing board by people who wanted their sheets and pillowcases to look perfect on the shelves and beds. I spend my time with other things to do besides slaving over an ironing board!

1 Comments:

At August 25, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago and I do mean years ago, I ironed boxer shorts! I am not very smart now but I was a lot less smarter in those days. I guess the word I am trying to say is STUPID!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home