Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ever Get a Song Stuck in Your mind?



Have you ever got a song--one you didn't choose--stuck in your mind?


Sometimes I awake in the morning with a song on my mind and can't get rid of it. Usually the song doesn't fit in with my mood or plans for what I am doing that day. But it is there and I can't stop singing, or thinking about it. Even if I don't verbally sing the song it goes on in my mind anyway.



Other times maybe I go to bed at night and a song pops into my brain and I mentally sing it all night. If the songs matched something I am doing or am going to do it might make sense but most of the time it is some weird song that has nothing to do with my thinking or actions.



Can you explain that to me? It is so annoying. I have put in a CD and played it to get the stuck song "unstuck." Sometimes that works but most of the time when the CD finishes playing my mind goes right back to doing its own thing.



As I said in a couple of posts back the mind is really a strange thing. It is as if my mind has a mind of its own and I have no control over it.



The next time I find a song stuck in my head I hope it will be one I like because it is going to be there for a few hours whether I like it or not!

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2008 at 7:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pop goes the Weasel! It drives me crazy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home