Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Weird Mind!

One of my brain crashers

The mind is a strange thing! I have things that are stuck in my mind and they pop up every so often.


Everyone has special occasions or events that come to their minds at times. But I have things that are not anything special or spectacular that regularly come to my mind. I do not know why they have any significance or reason to stick in my mind.


We once stayed at a motel in Missouri on our way to Texas. It was not a motel of any great importance or any special features. However, I find myself remembering that motel very often. The kids swam in the pool there and that is all I really remember about it.


Another thing that comes to my mind often is a Waffle House in Joplin, Missouri, that was next to the Motel Six where we stayed many times. We ate at the Waffle house and it was a nice little restaurant but it was nothing out of the ordinary. I can't even remember anything special about it. There must have been something , even though I can't remember what, that made it stick in my mind for all of these years.


What is it that causes these things to come to my mind? I don't know of anything that triggers them. Just suddenly the idea will take over my thoughts, what ever they are, and I begin to think about something that comes from my past.

The mind is a wonderful thing and it is terribly-- or wonderfully-- complicated. I try to figure mine out sometimes and begin to get so confused that I give up.


Someday I may discover what it is about those places that make them so ingrained in my thoughts. But for now I just think about them when they pop into my mind and remember them pleasantly for a moment. Then I go back to my present thoughts until my past thoughts pop up again.












2 Comments:

At November 14, 2008 at 4:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE CRAZY THINGS POP INTO MY MIND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I WONDER TOO, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMETHING COME UP IN YOUR MIND FROM YEARS AGO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!

 
At November 15, 2008 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to remember the most insignificant incidents from my childhood. Ask me about one of my birthday parties or some big event, and I probably won't remember, but ask me what I did the day before that, and I just may remember that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home