Monday, November 10, 2008

You Can't Go Home Again

One of my old homes from my childhood.
My Mom and my sisters stand in front.


I recently visited my old home town of Paris, Texas. My niece drove my sister and me around over the town looking at our old home places. We saw some of them but they were hardly recognizable. The surroundings of them had changed and the houses had gotten old and dilapidated and were nothing like when we lived in them.

Several of them had actually been torn down and were no longer there. I longed to go into some of them and see if they looked the same inside--of course they wouldn't, because someone else lives in them and nothing could be like when we lived there.

The old saying that You can't go home again is true. Because even if you did go home it would be totally different so you couldn't call it home.

So all I can do is look at my pictures and remember my old homes because, sadly, I know that I can never go home again.

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2008 at 7:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's the best picture of that house I've ever seen. Where were you?

 
At November 11, 2008 at 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably taking the picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home