Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Pill Popper

Our psychotic dog and Daughter!

Back when my youngest daughter was just in her preteens she had a sinus infection which caused a drainage in her throat causing her to be nauseated in the morning. The Doctor prescribed some pills for her to take--I think it was Dimetapp. She took them for some time and her sinus infection got Ok. However, she was afraid if she didn't take the pills she would get it back. So we humored her for a time and kept getting the prescription refilled.


Then I got serious about it and told her that she had to get off those pills. She was adamant that she needed them.

One day she took the last pill and then threw the bottle away. Then she told me later that she needed more pills. I said, "Where is your bottle with the number on It?" she said, "I threw it away." Then I told her that we had to have that bottle with the prescription number on it.


So she was upset about that. I said, "You did it to yourself." So even though I could have called the doctor and had him write another prescription I told her that is it--No more pills. After that she did fine without the pills. I am sure that she was just hooked on the idea that she needed those pills. I believe that many people are taking things that they don't actually need, they just think they do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home