Thursday, November 6, 2008

Indian Summer




Indian Summer


We are experiencing an Indian Summer right now in our part of the country. It is unusually warm and has been for about a week. We had our squaw winter, a heavy frost and some cold weather a couple of weeks ago.



They say that Indian Summer is a period of abnormally warm weather after the first killing frost of the season.


I really look forward to Indian Summer every fall because it is the last thing resembling summer of the year. Summer is my time of the year and I treasure every moment of it.


I looked on Google and it said that Indian Summer can occur more than once in a season--and some years we don't really have one at all. I don't really remember ever having more than one a year in my lifetime.


I think Indian Summer is talked more about here in Indiana than it is in Texas, or the south. I never remember hearing of it until I came to Indiana to live. However I have come to treasure it much.



2 Comments:

At November 6, 2008 at 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the time we have Indian Summer just about all of Fall. We have this year. Wonderful weather for the past several weeks. I never hear anyone mention Indian Summer here so it must be more of a Northeast-Mid West thing.

 
At November 7, 2008 at 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite Texas time of year -- chilly mornings and evenings, warm beautiful days, and all the colors of the palette on display!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home